Monday, April 30, 2007

Diamondbacks and their new colors

I walked into circle k the other night to buy something. I was wearing my new Diamondbacks hat. The cashier was a woman, I am guessing about 60. She noticed my hat right away once i approached the cashiers counter. She started asking if the diamondbacks had one that night. I went to the game that night. It was the third game of a three game series. The dbacks had one the first two and were looking for a sweep of the Reds. It didnt happen. The game was great to watch until the 7th inning when all hell broke loose. Owings the dbacks pitcher gave up three runs, my friends got minor in possesions for walking around with beer outside the doors, and the line for the bathroom was out the door. Other than that it was a great time. So i tell the cashier my quick version tell her we lost and then start to walk out of the store. Then she asked me if i like their new colors. I said yes definetly better than the purple and green. She didnt like them for two reasons. The first true, red and black seem like they are the dominant uniform colors of too many big league teams. Second she liked the old purple and green because it was more girly she said as she made a 360 twist around and smiled. Weird lady but nice to talk too.

No comments: